Check to see if your Vista system is 32-bit or 64-bit
We have found that most programs are Vista compatible on a 32-bit Vista system, unless the programs are very old - the best way to find out is to go ahead and try to install them, then if you have any problems, try some of the suggestions below.
If you are still having problems installing to Vista, take a look at the system specs to see if you have a 64-bit system:
- RIGHT-click on the "Computer" icon on your desktop or in the Start menu.
- Left-click on "Properties."
- In the System area of the open window, look for the "System type"– it should read either:
- "32-bit Operating System"
- "64-bit Operating System."
If it's not a 64-bit system, then programs should run fine for you! If you're still having problems read Advice for Vista Users